Firelight Camps : Ithaca, NY


I have to say I love the whole camping experience, my family used to go many summers in the Adirondacks and I have been known to drag girlfriends into the woods post graduation. Sitting around the campfire, making s'mores and hearing the sounds of nature are a few of the most relaxing things to me. I've come to find the only thing better than camping is glamping.  About a year ago I saw a a friend post photos of what looked to be the cutest camp site, with a little research I found it was Firelight CampsFirelight Camps in Ithaca,NY knows how to cater to those of us who might be better suited for a night in a hotel than a night out in nature. I like to think I am somewhere between the two! I instantly put it on my bucket list and knew the short road trip would be worth it. A year later my sister and I went for a post graduation glamping experience/girls getaway and instantly fell in love!

 Upon our arrival we checked in at the lobby tent which is where breakfast is served, games are played and a full bar is installed waiting for a liquor license! We received our tent assignment and headed down the trail to find our tent tucked away at the end of the path. The accommodations are by far more glamorous than most of the hotels I have ever stayed in ( and I've stayed in a LOT of hotels). All details are perfectly curated for the glamping experience. Inside the tents they have a desk, luggage racks, trunks filled with extra blankets & other essentials like lanterns (with charging ports for cell phones!). No detail is left out. The bath houses are full showers, they provide towels , hairdryers and necessities like shampoo,body wash & conditioner.

An evening fire is stoked and s'more packs are sold in the little camp store! All items are locally made down to the graham cracker. The same is true for breakfast which is an assortment of homemade granola, local yogurts, muffins, farm fresh eggs ,coffee and more! There are plenty of activities for rain or shine, if its nice weather there are hiking trails that can be accessed from the property. Outside lawn games such as corn hole and bocce ball are right on the property if you don't care to venture far. It ended up pouring for a few minutes so we retreated indoors to the lobby and played some board games! Our last morning was spent sipping hot drinks on our porch and catching up on some reading . We were sad to say goodbye to our tent ,we had the best time and would highly recommend a night or two at Firelight Camps!













Comments