27 hours in San Diego

One of my all time favorite layovers is San Diego. I was pleasantly surprised when I found I had a trip with a 27 hour layover there this past weekend. What's not to love about California? The weather is beautiful, the beaches are blue and every single house I want to copy and paste. San Diego is one of the first CA towns I've spent much time in and my love for it has quickly grown.

My first time here last year I decided to rent a car and I was so thankful I had the freedom to explore! I quickly fell in love the with charming seaside town La Jolla and decided to rent a car again for this trip. Ps. It is super easy to rent a car at SAN airport. Shuttles take you directly to one location where all the car rentals are located together.  I booked the day of through Expedia and it ended up being $36. It was well worth it since an uber can easily be $20 each way and it was Memorial Day weekend! 

My first stop in La Jolla Friday morning was Brick & Bell for a caffeine hit and then I headed down to the beach to see the seals at the cove. I love to wander aimlessly in that area, walking around without an agenda to be honest. I sat on some benches, popped in some stores and headed to goldfish point. Goldfish point has a breathtaking view as well as a little running path right on the edge of the ocean. Mount Soledad  also has amazing views of the beach and city, I took a beautiful scenic drive up to it on my way back to downtown San Diego.

Saturday morning I started my last day with a delicious breakfast at Harbor Breakfast in downtown SD and wandered for a bit afterward. On Saturdays downtown San Diego has a farmers market with all kinds of yummy treats and little shops featuring their goods. I walked around there for a bit and ended up with some yummy local peaches! It's a must visit if you're there on the weekend.



(goldfish point)

A few of my favorite restaurants :
Breakfast
-Cody's in La Jolla
-Harbor Breakfast in downtown SD

Lunch/ Dinner
-Puesto in La Jolla

Coffee/ Bakeries
-Brick & Bell Cafe La Jolla



Until next time San Diego!

Comments