Crock Pot: Potato corn chowder

I think the crock pot may be one of my very favorite inventions. Dump a bunch of ingredients in, leave for 10 hours and return to a delicious ready to eat meal. What's better than that? I made this potato corn chowder recipe and it is seriously one of my favorite things I have ever made. Super easy and not many ingredients are needed at all. 

via 
  • 6 slices of crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled ( I used turkey bacon)
  • 2 1/2 to 3 cups diced potatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1 (16 oz.) can cream corn
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk

Preparation:

Place all ingredients except milk in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Add milk and cook, covered, for 30 to 45 minutes longer. 
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This is the perfect recipe for those nasty cold winter days!

Comments