How to: Cookie Pops
No your eyes are not playing tricks on you, yesterdays post was" How to : chocolate lollipops" and today it's "How to:Cookie Pops". I have a thing for food on sticks lately. Next up I want to try cake pops so yes you will be seeing a "How to:Cake pops" sometime in the near future. If only I could figure out how to make money off all these treats that would be the icing on the cake (no pun intended). So here are my spring cookie pops that I made to sell at Relay for Life Tomorrow night to fund-raise money for cancer!
I made my Own sugar cookie dough from this recipe here at allrecipes.com and the dough was AMAZING, I mean really it tasted delicious.
* The dough is extremely soft so you need to let it harden in the fridge for about an hour before you can roll it out
*I bought the special 8 inch cookie pop sticks from Walmart(seriously I live at that store)
* Once I cut the cookie shapes out I gently eased a stick into the dough from the bottom
* I flipped the cookie over and added some extra dough to the back where the stick was, so it didnt pop out. When i placed it onto the pan i made sure to push the stick down a little so it was firmly set in the dough
*Bake for about 8 minutes on 400 degrees
* Let cookies completely cool after baking
* Ice and decorate!( I used an M&M for the center of the flower)