A moment in time



I thought this was such a precious photo of this little girl and it got me thinking about my childhood. How easy and carefree things were. How I didnt worry about school deadlines or graduating with a good GPA. There was never a thought about marriage or who my husband would one day be. I didnt worry about  money or getting a job. I just was. The biggest crisis was probably someone taking a toy at school or saying something mean to me. But on a daily basis I tapped into my imagination and played, had fun and laughed. Why do we tend to loose our carefree nature as adults and why does imagination seem silly? I wish I was 5 again, without a care in the world, playing with my little kitchen and dolls. Not knowing about the evils in the world or how mean people really could be. I wish I used my imagination on a daily basis,played pretend and wasn't concerned with "adult" things and issues. I would freeze time.  I don't know the last time I just let my mind run wild and daydreamed.Im going to make it a point to daydream and to escape from reality for a few minutes.


"Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days?
Always a bigger bed to crawl into
Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything?
And everybody believed in you"

-Taylor Swift "Innocent"

Comments

  1. This was too cute, Em! I attempt to use my imagination as much as I can during the day. Usually, I'm concocting up what my dream house will be with a an endless closet full of clothes :)

    XXXO
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a timely post for me! i really miss the days (or years) of moving from one grade to the next, knowing exactly what was to come & what you were ready to accomplish. now that i have to make my own path, i feel a bit perplexed! thanks so much for your sweet thoughts yesterday, always nice to know you're not alone!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment