Dont consume raw cookie dough
Well hello Friends! Its Tuesday once again and I cant wait for this week to be over! I have way too much homework and way too many tests this week but I have some good news, if you haven't noticed I love you all sooo much that I took off word verification! WOOO! I know I know you're welcome :) And as promised I told you in my last post I'd let you know about "How to train your dragon" and it was a cute movie,ok enough about that. Remember the sugar cookie dough? Yeah well its pretty much my favorite thing EVER to eat raw,along with chocolate chip cookie dough. However, apparently the package warns you not to consume it raw. PSH who would ever listen to that nonsense! They obviously are just trying to take the fun out of cookie dough.
|This makes me want to eat it all the more|
And since I had tons of time/chocolate chips on my hands I made chocolate chip scones! Yepp they are delish. Tootles! Happy Tuesday
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange juice( keep adding small amounts until doughy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
- recipe from here