Scrumptious Indulgence

Happy Thursday everyone! Sorry its been forever and a Day but life has been crazy (as it tends to be!) But as I'm sitting here on this dreary ,cold ,rainy November day I cant help but think about two things: eating and Christmas. Ive already decorated part of my apartment and my neighbors must be enjoying my Christmas wreath hung on my door :) For me Christmas season starts November 1 and I waste no time getting into the Spirit! My roommate made these delicious looking cookies for Halloween(shown below) and they would be so perfect for Christmas if the colors were tweaked a little! You can find the recipe here and just change the food coloring to red and green for Christmas, so perfect. These cookies are extremely rich but hey a girls gotta indulge every now and then. Until next time ,Happy Baking


Ingredients:
1 18.25 oz white cake mix
2 Large eggs
1/2 C shortening
1 Tbps water
Green and Red food coloring
green or red colored sugar for rolling cookies in
36 Hershey kisses unwrapped
Oven: 375 Degrees
Bake time:10-14 Minutes
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Beat cake mix,eggs,shortening and water until mixture starts to come together
3. Separate Cookie dough into 2 parts and add each color to each part
4.Roll cookies together
5.Spread sugar on a plate, roll dough into 1/2 inch balls then roll cookies in sugar
6. Bake 10-14 minutes until firm to the touch, press Hershey kiss into cookie right after they come out of oven

Comments